Monday, May 25, 2009

Supersized

                                             (click to enlarge)
                                                (click to enlarge)
                                          (click to enlarge)
                                               (click to enlarge)

This years Bowman took A beaten from some collectors, and I have to admit I was one of them. Lets just say from here on out I am going to  wait until I actually view A product in person  before I make a judgement , because in the end I really enjoyed 09 Bowman. This years release featured A pro/rookie/prospect base, colored parallels, six chrome cards per pack , and three autographs per box. It also featured WBC cards in base, and chrome versions which I think took a little away from the product depending on who you pulled. As for the autographed prospect list ( base/ chrome) I was familiar with  7 of the 25 players on it, and with all the great talent out there was a little surprised by it ( Razor Maybe?). I'm also  guessing that Bowman tossed Signs of The Future and replaced it with regular prospect versions. This in my opinion is an upgrade from the dreaded Signs of The Failure of past releases. As for the base the Victorian style framing  is actually pretty cool, and the simple design of the prospect cards serves its purpose.The photography is average, and some photos are doubles  previously seen, but then again this is Bowman not Stadium Club. Topps must have realized that black bordered cards damage easily, and tucked away my autographed Kila Ka'aihue R.C safely in a top loader. I was surprised to see it sitting on the top of all those huge packs, but after the whole 2007 series one mess of damaged edges, and corners this proved to be A very good idea. I pulled a total of  seven periwinkle blue versions numbered to 500, and  four  cards that I still cant quite figure out the color of numbered to 250. What I really enjoyed, and couldn't appreciate from photo's on the web was the Chrome. This simplicity of this years chrome is really attractive, and the refractors have A lustrous look to them. The autographs look very sharp, and the boxed in white background  helps the signature stand out. I also pulled A 1/5  red refractor of South African Dylan Lindsay, and you can read all about him here. Overall I had A blast ripping these humongous over sized packs, and  gave 2009 Bowman A 3/5 rating falling a finger, and thumb short of  the whole hand. If anyone sees anything they like pictured, or has any needs please email me.

The Mojo Hand

2 comments: