Thursday, May 21, 2009

Paul Lempa


I came home from work today in hopes of A bubble mailer or two, and instead found A notice from the P.O informing me that a certified letter from Tristar ( Topps) was waiting for me. It had finally arrived. I washed the tiredness of what was A long day of work off my face, and tore ass to the P.O to pick up my 2009 Topps Series One sketch redemption. After standing in line for what seemed like 100 days , and hoping that my Mojo wouldn't be sabotaged by the evil Yvonne ( my ex mail delivery lady). I signed the electronic pad, and tucked the certified letter safely into my chest pocket. I high tailed it out of there like a Wally Worlder with a blaster of retail , and drove my car through every stop sign that stood in the way of my house. After settling into my chair I screamed my wife's name, and after she arrived opened the highly anticipated envelope. Hiding inside was this really cool Paul Lempa 45/45 A-Rod sketch card. I really like the simplicity, and style that Paul put into this sketch. The rays that shine off of the jersey can be seen in a number of his sketches, and are some of my favorite to surface from 09 Series One.

The Mojo Hand

7 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 22, 2009

    Thats a nice card! But, I hate A-Rod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 22, 2009

    Great card.... but the yankees suck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Srrrriously?!?! Send me your address, and I will send you a real sketch card. travis@punkrockpaint.com (you name the player)

    Paul phoned that one in and should be embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will take you up on that brother! When it comes to art I try to see the plus side of things. You know how it is.

    The Mojo Hand

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you liked it. Topps was short and so everyone pitched in, in a short amount of time to do some for the redemptions. I tried to do something a little different, and I am glad you appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Paul

    I know you guys were slammed time wise.

    Did you get a chance to read the interview I did with Brian Kong at The Cardboard Connection?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did. It was great. He actually sent it to me today. Nice job, and thank you for supporting us and getting the word out there.

    ReplyDelete