Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ryan Sweeney

Those of you that dont know me personally can take notice that I am A huge Oakland Athletics fan. I collect every  rookie or prospect on every roster , and micro manage them like my idol Billy Beane would. Throughout the season I will be shining the spotlight on a player and giving you guys the 411 on his cards. I would like to start this off with one of the most undervalued young studs out there Ryan Sweeney. Ryan, and a couple other kids were traded to the A's from Chicago last year for Nick Swisher. He instantly became a favorite of mine, and I begain to scoop his cards up wherever I could find them. The one thing I noticed along the way is how cheap and  easy they where to obtain. Last year Ryan batted 286 with 5 HR and 44 R.B.I's in 384 at bats not bad for a rookie. He played a better C.F/ R. field then a majority of the rookies out there with a 1000 FPCT no errors. He was praised by the coaching staff, and commentators for his rifle arm, and speed on the basepaths where he was 9/9 on attempts. S0 far this spring ( I know it is early) Ryan is batting 563 with a whopping 9 hits 4 R.B.I's and 1 H.R all this in 16 at bats. You can currently pick up a 2005 Bowman Chrome R.C for about 0.75 on the open market. His autographed cards range from 3.00- 15.00. If your looking for A sleeper card to add to your collection of A solid young player with a bright future Ryan is your man. 

THE MOJO HAND

No comments:

Post a Comment