Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Guilty Packsearcher!


Im guilty...

On my way to court yesterday (for a stupid seat belt ticket) I made a quick stop at a local shop for a quick browse. I had zero intentions on picking anything up, but as we all know intentions don't exist in the world of collecting only redemption's do.


As my eyes drifted from shelf to shelf something caught my evil eye like nothing else. A fine woven basket with a dummy card attached that read " Topps Finest Football Singles $10.00 a pack".


As I reached in my wallet to pull out a solid ten I realized that paying my fine was going to be in serious jeopardy, but at the time that didn't matter only a chance at an auto did. You see how bad I can be? well my friends I am a cringer indeed. I can also physically embarrass you so if you want to go heads up drop a comment below Ha Ha!.


I called the shop owner over, and he placed the basket on the counter. There was a total of ten packs in the basket, and as I began to stare into it a customer approached the other side of the counter. With the owner occupied my guilty hand fumbled through all ten packs. It wasnt until I came across an oversized pack that I realized what I was doing, but by then it was to late.


I was packsearching....

I decided to wait until I got home to rip the pack. After spending two hours in Tonawanda City Court I rushed home to my seven year old who I never should have taught to use a telephone, and my angry babysitter who's termination is long overdue.


After all the craziness my life throws at me on a daily bases I tucked my baby girl in bed, and headed downstairs to my cheated pack. As I ripped the pack there standing in the middle was my highly unanticipated hit. If I can tell you one thing about packsearching not only is it shameless, but boring as well.







Pack Searched Brian Cushing Auto 68/68.

Yeah I got a solid hit, but lets face it Packsearching is pretty lame, and so is a microscopic autograph.


T.M.H

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you... the first step to recovery is to realize you have a problem. J/P... Keep up the great blog. Have a great 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian Cushing burn.

    You could maybe attach the card to your seatbelt. Then the two events in your day would be forever linked.

    ReplyDelete