Friday, April 3, 2009

Batter Up!!


Long before Mcfarlane came about there was Starting Line Up by Kenner. Its hard to beleive 10 years has passed since I pulled these off the racks at Kmart. I think I paid more in 98 then they are actually worth now, but then again how could you put a price on such superior cheezeness. I just love how the Greg Maddox looks nothing like the actually player ( notice the leg kick), and the pre steroid  Arod resembles an albino African American. The cards feature airbrushed players, and resemble 08 Donruss Threads with a better card design. On the back is the history of baseball, and a coupon for a  Starting Lineup membership. This membership entitles you to special edition club pieces, and a 1 year subscription to the Trading Connection quarterly newsletter. Now how cool is that.

THE MOJO HAND

2 comments:

  1. today i went to the flea market and picked up 8 slu's for $12. the packages were beat up and bulky, so i walked over to the garbage can and ripped them open right there. i love displaying these things. currently i have around 25 of them displayed on my bookshelf. today's pick ups: walt weiss, geronimo berroa, bo jackson, will clark, ken griffey jr., frank thomas, ben grieve, and my personal favorite... dwight gooden. i'm so glad these things have come down in price. keep up the great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant imagine how cool 25 of these look displayed next to each other. If you ever get time I would love to see a picture of them. Thanks Fuji.

    THE MOJO HAND

    ReplyDelete