Thursday, March 19, 2009

The thrill is gone.


I was fumbling through my drawers yesterday ( the ones I keep my cards in not my boxers) when I came across this 2000 Fleer Showcase A.J Burnett fresh ink auto. If I recall properly this is one of the very first autographs I ever pulled, and the one that lured me back into this beloved hobby. The thought of  A.J Burnett actually signing this card, and the connection I felt sent a thrill up my spine that no drug could ever duplicate. Although the happiness I get out of collecting still exists the thrill of pulling an on card auto is all but gone. Sticker autographs are here, and unfortunately they don't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. 

THE MOJO HAND

1 comment:

  1. great post... i agree 100% after seeing another blog about a retro inkredible card a few days ago, i popped open my autograph box and flipped through my on card autos. i even picked up a nolan ryan significant signature on card auto this week. on card autos rule!

    ReplyDelete